Under limited supervision, the Senior Software Developer is expected to participate in the full software development life cycle, including; researching, designing, coding, testing, documenting, and maintaining computer software(s). This position will also provide leadership and mentoring of more junior software developers.
· Works as part of a team to research, develop, deploy, and maintain software for use within the Company; designs, codes, tests, ensures quality assurance, debugs and deploys application system(s)
· Proactively provides feedback and suggestions for process and system improvement
· Enables and ensure efficient and effective communication between team members and other IS and non-IS functional areas
· Works closely with the Business Analyst to gather and assess business information; translates into technical specifications; ensures new features do not jeopardize other applications, data, or product areas
· Applies software technology to solve complex and mundane business problems
· Participates in the research, analysis, selection, and implementation of new tools and technologies
· Participates in project planning and estimation activities
· Provide 2nd level customer support regrading software and systems and work closely with all IS groups as needed
· Prompt and regular attendance is required
· 5 years of progressively more complex experience in software development
· Experience managing software development and technical development tasks
· Previous PowerBuilder and/or .NET and SQL experience required.
· Experience with Agile development life cycle preferred.
· Ability to interpret internal customer requirements into detailed functional and/or design specifications and experience with validation support and data management is required
· Requires attention to detail, critical thinking, and a commitment to quality work
· Comprehensive knowledge of large multi-office network engineering and telecommunications
· Ability to clearly and effectively present written information and findings
· Ability to work together within a team environment consisting of other Developers, Business and Quality associates.
· Be available off hours for on call support as required
Travel is required
This is an office position that consistently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing. This position requires travel.
Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems or related field preferred.