Under limited supervision oversees all aspects of third-party software life cycles including installation, maintenance, upgrades, customizations and 3rd party integrations of primarily back office systems. Manages implementation of key changes which enable improvements to processes, services, and functionality.
• Develops, directs, trains, and manages department personnel including contractors
• Ensures the Company’s portfolio of Enterprise and/or SaaS applications are enhanced and maintained to meet business functional need
• Ensures vendor product maintenance remains current
• Oversees the management of key applications responsible for Back Office administration (Ultimate, PeopleSoft, Kronos, OnBase, etc.) in an economical and efficient manner
• Engages actively with business leaders to ensure all relevant and agreed upon aspects of the application work as specified; strives to understand and take appropriate action to satisfy immediate and emerging business needs
• Ensures the technical soundness of system implementations and modifications, including contingency plans, rollback plans and implementation strategies
• Continually works with systems, vendors and staff to seek methods of improving manual processes with automation
• Oversees and provides third level technical support to all users of Company applications through coordination with Help Desk/Support and other IT departments
• Develops policies, procedures, and processes associated with the business applications department
• Updates, monitors and continuously ensures compliance with the disaster recovery plans, computer security and loss prevention plans
• Prompt and regular attendance is required
• 7 years of Information Services experience
• 3 years of experience managing and working on software development projects
• Proven ability to lead, inspire, mentor develop and guide a team of developer professionals, ensuring accountability and personal development
• Experience working on multiple projects and activities simultaneously
• Demonstrated expertise in software development concepts, practices, and procedures
• Strong interpersonal and people management skills including the ability to work with subordinates and internal customers at all levels of the organization
• Effective verbal and written communication skills
This is an office position that consistently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science/related field OR equivalent training and experience.
Relevant Certifications OR ability and willingness to obtain certifications as directed within 18 months of hire date