The SYSTEMS ENGINEER LEVEL II will assist the Systems Engineering Manager with the administration of all Windows, UNIX, and Linux based systems.
• Monitors, maintains and implements Windows and UNIX/Linux based systems.
• Architect, design, implement, support, and evaluate systems based tools and services.
• Monitors, maintains and implements network based storage including all SAN and NAS devices in both local and remote datacenters.
• Provide direct and on-call support to Systems Engineers and second level support to the Help Desk.
• Develop and document procedures and materials for routine administrative task.
• Monitors, maintains and implements backup procedures guarantying data recovery capabilities for all production systems including SQL, bare metal servers, and Virtual systems.
• Evaluate and recommend new and emerging products and technologies.
• Configure and administer Sybase IQ/Micro strategy servers including Production and Dev environments
• Other duties as directed by Systems Engineering Manager
• Must participate in Monthly on-call rotation with System Engineering Team
• Prompt and regular attendance required
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
• Close attention to detail in regards to accuracy of work.
• RHEL 5 administration experience.
• Windows Server OS administration experience.
• College degree based on Computer Science or equivalent job based experience
• Knowledge of network administration.
• 5 years of UNIX/Linux systems administration
• 5 years of Windows systems administration
• 2 years of database systems support.
• VMware experience a plus