Under close supervision, assists with mailroom activities. Performs various clerical duties.
• Assists with sorting of incoming mail, quality audits of accounts payable checks, and maintenance of home office and corporate employee lists
• Processes, prepares, and forwards customer loan confirmation letters and applicable copies to assigned branch personnel
• Picks up and delivers mail to and from campus buildings
• Picks up and delivers campus mail to and from local Post Office on a daily basis
• Tracks returned confirmation letters
• Sorts, prepares, and processes outgoing mail, accounts payable checks, and payroll checks
• Receives and signs for incoming overnight packages
• Maintains logs of package receipt and mail requiring signatures (Certified, Express etc.)
• Communicates with various outside vendors to facilitate timely package deliveries, equipment maintenance needs and special mail projects
• Prompt and regular attendance is required
• Computer literate including Word and Excel skills
• Knowledge of postal regulations and procedures for handling mail
• Must maintain a valid driver’s license and acceptable driving record
This is an office position that frequently operates copy machines, document imaging (scanning) equipment, postage meters, folder/inserter machine and envelope opening equipment. Requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Frequently requires lifting of 30 pounds. Requires ability to operate an automobile on open roads.
High school diploma or equivalent