Job Summary: Under general supervision assists the Network Engineering Manager in overseeing the operations of networked systems and their availability, WAN systems connectivity, and Unified Communications.
• Assists department manager in developing, directing, and training department personnel; including contractors
• Designs, plans, implements and maintains network infrastructure and architecture
• Assists in assessing, evaluating, and forecasting all Company networked infrastructure requirements, changes, and adjustments to include both data, voice telecommunications, and security for all Company locations, including Mexico
• Oversees and provides second level technical support to all users of Company computing infrastructure through coordination with Help Desk/Support and Network Engineering Departments
• Maintains adequate infrastructure documentation enabling planning, diagnostics, and efficient resource allocation and utilization
• Adheres to formal policies and procedures that directly relate to the Company’s networking infrastructure following the guidelines set forth by the Company’s IS security program
• Prompt and regular attendance is required
• 5 years of Network Engineering experience.
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Close attention to detail and accuracy of work
• Applicable network and/or security certifications OR ability and willingness to obtain certifications as directed within18 months of hire date
• Cisco Associate level certification required
• Cisco Professional level certifications highly preferred
This is an office position that consistently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, and computer printer. Requires the ability to communicate verbally and in writing.
Bachelor’s degree OR equivalent Computer Science relevant experience
Applicable active system certifications