Under general supervision, supervises seasonal staff during tax season. Creates, reviews, and administers tax trainings in the off season.
• Supervises seasonal staff; participates in interviewing candidates, assigns seasonal staff to state/territories; allocates work hours for most efficient phone support coverage; monitors phone volume and workload; ensures phone logs are maintained accurately; monitors discussions with branches to ensure that accurate information is communicated
• Coordinates processing of IRS, State, Bank, and internal forms to ensure required compliance is met; includes providing record keeping methods to ensure all forms received are processed, filing forms timely and orderly, performing random reviews of failed forms to ensure processing is in accordance to guidelines, advising branches, Supervisors, and State Leaders of compliance status
• Provides telephone tax support to branch employees, Supervisors, and State Leaders
• Provides Customer Relations support as needed to tax customers of branches
• Prepares tax training modules and materials for use in on-line tutorials, exams, reference manual, practice returns, and on-site trainings for branches that process tax returns and seasonal staff brought onboard for the regular tax season
• Maintains and ensures reporting of employees’ status for all offices in supervision area related to branch preparers and tax sales employees
• Process’ amendments and reviews IRS and/or State letters received by tax customers
• Reports Continuing Education hours to the IRS for employees that complete various courses of trainings
• Conducts training meetings; in person or via taped /or live webinar settings
• Prompt and regular attendance is required
• At least two tax filing seasons with 1040 Tax Services OR equivalent tax processing experience
• Advanced knowledge of Individual Income Tax Law
• Working knowledge of IRS Electronic Filing procedures
• Accounting experience preferred
• Excellent verbal and written customer service and communication skills
• Computer literate with strong Excel and Word skills
• Seasonal travel required for regional site trainings
• Able to train and directly supervise seasonal staff
• Able to train large in a regional training setting Meet IRS requirements to obtain and maintain a PTIN and participate in e-Services as a “responsible official” as defined by the IRS
This is an office position that consistently operates a computer and other office productivity machinery, such as a calculator, copy machine, scanner, fax machine, and computer printer. Requires the ability to communicate clearly verbally and in writing.
Ability to work long hours from December 1 – mid/late April including Saturdays.
High school diploma or equivalent
Enrolled Agent with the IRS OR Advanced Individual Tax Preparation experience with willingness to obtain the Enrolled Agent status